Have you ever asked yourself, “Why am I disorganised?”. Unfortunately if we’re disorganised, it can be tough to reach our goals. Because it can mean our productivity decreases.
We can feel overwhelmed, anxious, or depressed about this. It can also impact our physical and mental health. Consequently these stresses can cause mental fatigue, headaches and poor sleep.
Is being organised a spectrum?
Let’s think about organisation as a spectrum? On one side we have perfectionism and on the other side chaos.
Obviously, it’s not ideal to be at far end of either side. We want to be in the middle. Our habits can be difficult to change though. So how do we get nearer to the middle?
Let’s ask ourselves a few questions to help the process.
Why am I disorganised?
- Unexpected events.
- Bad habits.
- Lack of skills.
- The need to be perfect.
- Finding it hard to decide.
- Lack of focus.
- Mental Health.
Ways you can improve.
- Take notice of your actions, because it’s easier to form healthier habits when you are aware.
- Practice making small decisions, if you struggle with that.
- Focus on time management because it’s crucial for being organised.
Tips and tricks.
- Use daily planners to take notes of your upcoming commitments.
- Divide tasks and projects into small steps.
- Try giving yourself a variety of breakfast options.
- Allocate 30 minutes a day to admin and planning
- Be patient with yourself.
Please reach out if you would like to speak to someone from our team.
Boutique Psychology – Person-centred therapy
Address : 194 Gladstone St, South Melbourne
Phone : (03) 9938 9800